Lemons have a multitude of health benefits, plus they taste great!
Thay promote hydration by making water taste good which in turn helps you drink more of it.
- Good source of Vitamin C. There are 30.7 milligrams in one lemon and the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day
- They support weight loss by making you feel satiated and full with increased consumption of water.
- They contain citrate which helps prevent kidney stones by preventing calcium from building up and forming the stones in your kidneys.
- Electrolyte replenishment of potassium, calcium and magnesium
PINK HIMALAYAN SALT OR SEA SALT.
Salts detoxify the body by balancing systemic pH, improves hydration by replenishing trace minerals, reduces muscle cramps and helps balance blood sugar.
- Support thyroid and adrenal function.
- Aid in overall hormone balance for men and women.
- Support a healthy metabolism.
- Contains 84 trace minerals vital for wellbeing
- Is required to make adequate stomach acid. As we get older our stomach acid becomes weaker making the digestion and absorption of certain minerals and nutrients much harder
Reduces muscle pain and soreness with its anti-inflammatory properties, which might help explain its beneficial effects on muscle pain.
Ginger also lowers blood sugar levels because of the presence of gingerols; the major active component of ginger is said to improve the uptake of glucose into muscle cells without using insulin and may therefore help in the management of high blood sugar levels
As a digestive aid; effective in the elimination of excessive gas from the digestive system and soothes the intestinal tract.
Ginger has also been known to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress which in turn reduces cholesterol levels.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar can help lower blood sugar levels which is great for those with Type Two Diabetes.
ACV also increases the good cholesterol so you maintain a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Adding ACV to your daily healthy diet helps promotes weight loss and cravings in healthy individuals while maintaining a Healthy PH.
ACV promotes an alkaline environment inside your body. Viruses, bacteria, cancer and just about any and all diseases are unable to live in an alkaline environment. Some studies have shown that acidic environments help cancer cells grow, so the idea is that a diet high in alkaline foods will lower the body’s pH levels. Disease cannot survive in an alkaline state; however, in a low oxygen/low pH (acidic) state; viruses, bacteria, yeast, mold, fungus, candida and cancer cells all thrive.
ACV contains a number of useful nutrients and one of the most abundant is manganese. Consuming ACV regularly will provide you with 30% of your daily consumption. Manganese is a part of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase and is one of the most important antioxidants in your body. Antioxidants help protect against free radicals, which are molecules that can cause damage to cells in your body.
Now that we know WHAT we need for the drink, let’s talk about the HOW to make this delicious drink!
Use distilled water, juice from 1 lemon, a splash of ACV, a teaspoon or more of ginger, pinch of salt and Voila! DRINK UP and ENJOY!
- Flavour to taste; use more or less of your favourite minerals, ginger and sweeteners! *We like the Stevia powder or Beet root powder to lightly sweeten.